Cloud Computing is rising on a quite huge scale. There are lot of surveys going on in the cloud computing field to make a better estimation of it’s potential and some really interesting and impressive Cloud Computing facts were drawn in an recent survey about it.
10 Interesting Cloud Computing Facts
- A new server is added to the cloud for every 120 tablets or 600 smartphones.
- 70% of the 2,000 mid – size companies are actively pursuing cloud based analytics for greater efficiency, upgrades and insights.
- 41% of the head executives and employees claim to be using some kind of cloud in their company.
- The people in cloud computing companies have gone up from 0 to 550,000 .
- Microsoft spend 90% of it’s budget of Microsoft 2011 R&D on cloud computer products and strategies.
- 64% of the companies have reduced waste and has low energy consumption levels after shifting to Cloud Computing.
- More than half of the U.S. IT Government employees nod to having worked with the cloud.
- 65% of the US companies shifted to cloud in 2011.
- Cloud brought in improvement in at least one area of development in 90% of the companies which chose it.
- 80% of the companies have experienced immense progress just within half year ie. just six months after moving to cloud.
Must Checkout : List of 100 Cloud Computing Companies
These are just a handful of facts that came out in recent surveys and practices in cloud computing. There’s a lot in cloud computing and the figures are impressive and huge. The Cloud Computing facts are numerous but we listed only the 10 best facts we found personally.
It’s not just about cloud computing but cloud storage too . The technology CLOUD itself has great potential and advantages. In the time to come, we would surely observe all companies shifting to the cloud moving towards a better future not just due to cost cutting factors but security factors too. Major IT companies have already shifted to cloud and are quite impressed with the results. What’s your reaction about these facts about cloud computing. Stay Tuned with The Cloud Computing Blog for more informative posts.
Image Credit : YokoTechSpace